[texhax] includegraphics with spaces in the file path?

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Feb 15 09:40:12 CET 2011

Am Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:22:16 -0500 schrieb Peter Davis:

> Just to re-open an old topic, I'm finding the current version of grffile.sty
> works with XeTeX/XeLaTeX to allow me to use \includegraphics with filepaths
> containing spaces.
>
> However, I haven't found a canonical place to put grffile.sty so it works
> system-wide.  If I put it in the same directory as my .tex files, it's
> beautiful, but putting it in, for example "MiKTeX 2.9\tex\latex\grffile\",
> doesn't work.

grffile can be installed with the package manager of miktex (and of
TeXLive). In miktex it is in the package "oberdiek". Normally it
takes miktex and TeXLive only one or two days to include updates of
Heikos packages. So they should be no need to install it manually in
a current TeXsystem.

Apart from this: Don't put manually files in the main ("Install")
root of miktex. You can loose them when miktex updates or installs
packages. User either the roots UserData, CommonData or a new own
local root.

--
Ulrike Fischer