[texhax] MS Word & Mathtype to TeX

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Fri Dec 16 14:37:28 CET 2011

On Dec 15, 2011, at 10:06 PM, cornwall_5 at comcast.net wrote:

> Not your fault. Not mine. Everyone just happens to have chosen their own favorite
> software, language, etc, simply because they exist! No one's is better than another.
> Everyone just picks a favorite.

And that is your choice, which everyone should respect.

To add to my suggestions, you might also want to look at:

 - texmacs --- a WYSIWYG tex environment (there are commercial options as well)

But as I noted in direct e-mail, LyX is the coolest software in this problem space and I'm sure that w/ a bit of effort you'll be able to configure it to meet your needs and work w/ your existing setup so as to be able to convert your documents at need and review them before submitting them to math journals.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer