[texhax] MS Word & Mathtype to TeX

cornwall_5 at comcast.net cornwall_5 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 16 00:42:14 CET 2011

"Are you sure you aren't just seeing MathType's conversion of the *equations* to TeX code?"

I have no idea, because I have no way of viewing the code as a readable document

that the conversion spits out afterwards. Well, I mean, I can SEE the ASCII text code,

and, yes, I can edit it, by clicking the back button, insert, cut, paste, but I have no idea what changes

those edits make, because the editing is completely not WYSIWYG.

All I know is, when I click on the command for converting my MS Word + Mathtype document to TeX

(or LaTeX or whatever - they're all the same to me)

the MS Word command spits out this ENORMOUS mass of unintelligible code

that is absolutely worthless and unreadable to me, but is somehow intelligible and desirable

to the math journal editors.  The conversion takes my 20 or 40 page paper and produces text code

that runs 500 pages long.

Again, I need a WYSIWYG editor to edit. That's why WYSIWYG was invented.

When I published math papers in peer-reviewed journals before, I never had this problem before,

because those journals did the conversion for me.  But, I fear that the current journal to which I have

submitted will not be so kind.