[texhax] MS Word to Mathtype

cornwall_5 at comcast.net cornwall_5 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 15 07:06:08 CET 2011

Dear TeX Support,

Your website

had no directly clickable email link.

All the links at http://www.tug.org/interest.html  for the FAQs led to unintelligible webpages.

I do all my math documents in MS Word 2000 and Mathtype 6.0.

I have used MS Word since 1990 and Mathtype by Design Science since 1997.

MS Word has a feature which converts the MS Word document along with all the embedded Mathtype

images into a TeX or LaTeX document with the click of a single button.

I have no way of editing all this TeX code that is produced because I have no way of viewing it

as a readable usable document, because TeX code is not WYSIWYG, apparently.

(Yes, I can edit it in a text editor, but I have no idea what all that code means.)

Do you have a support group for people for whom we MS Word + Mathtype users can upload

or email our MS Word + Mathtype documents to you and you'll send them back to us in TeX?

Thanks.