[texhax] dotfill leaders on first line of paragraph only ?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Dec 11 02:42:57 CET 2011

On 2011-12-10 at 23:48:23 +0000, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

 > My sincere thanks to Heiko and to all who gave advice about
 > converting my RGB source into CMYK.  I got there in the end
 > (two days after the deadline for submitting CRC), but at
 > least I know it that is now achievable and have a nice piece of
 > code for converting from XeTeX's extended font syntax for
 > RGB to XeTeX \specials in CMYK written in pure TeX :-)
 >
 > Sample at http://thai-an.co.uk/restaurant/menu/2012/TA-Menu-A3-CMYK.pdf

Ok.  Red could be a little bit darker.  The last step is to choose a
good type of paper and avoid lamination.  Laminated menu cards are
only good for fast food restaurants.  They always look cheap.

Menu cards printed on plain paper look more more elegant.  You need
more copies then, but you also save the money for lamination.

Paper looks more elegant if it's a bit brownish instead of white.
However, I fear that you don't have much freedom here because people
expect that rice is white.

If you prefer lamination though, ask your printer whether the menu
card is machine-washable.  Otherwise lamination is useless and the
money is wasted.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25