[texhax] cmyk colors are auto changed!

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 18 03:23:01 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 08:52:38AM +0800, Steven Woody wrote:

> On 18 April 2011 01:24, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd)
> <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> wrote:
> >

> > Steven Woody wrote:
> >
> >> Can I prevent it from happening? I want to all the way use a color
> >> defined by my company, that is 0.51 green and 0.94 yellow in cmyk.
> >
> > Are you concerned about on-screen (in which case, as far
> > as I know, the answer is "no", as screen devices are
> > additive (RGB)), or solely about print (subtractive,
> > CMYK) in which case so long as you specify the colour
> > correctly in the first place, and do not allow any
> > intermediate program to change it, all should be well.
> >

> I began to understand.  But I am not sure, the pdflatex is a
> intermediate program that change my definition or not?  If I can see
> my color definitions in the resulted PDF file, I will be less concern.
> BTW:  is there some way to turn off the compress level when using
> pdflatex?

\pdfobjcompresslevel=0
\pdfcompresslevel=0

Usually the color definitions are written unchanged in the PDF
file. Package color is not able to do color transformations.
Package xcolor can translate color definitions from one
color space to another. But that must be requested and it is
not the default behaviour.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko Oberdiek