[texhax] Colored rectangle on page?

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Thu Apr 7 23:00:18 CEST 2011

On Apr 7, 2011, at 4:07 PM, Peter Davis wrote:

> Thanks, Herbert, but can you explain how that works?  Does Ghostscript get called behind the scenes to convert PostScript to PDF?  If so, I'd like to avoid that.  I would think just drawing a colored or white rectangle would not require PSTricks, but I haven't found another way.
>
> If PSTricks works with XeLaTeX *without* requiring Ghostscript, I'd really like to know about that.

ps/pdftricks not needed:

\documentclass{memoir}
\usepackage{xcolor}
\definecolor{testcolor}{cmyk}{1,0.5,0,0}
\newcommand{\placearect}{\color{testcolor}\rule{288bp}{216bp}}
\setlength{\unitlength}{1bp}
\makepagestyle{empty}
\makeoddhead{empty}{\begin{picture}(0,0)\put(-144,-216)%will need to adjust for point of origin of the runninghead
{\placearect}\end{picture}}{}{}
\begin{document}
\pagestyle{empty}test
\end{document}