[texhax] Full frame in Beamer

Steve Schwartz s.schwartz at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Sep 28 11:21:05 CEST 2010

Sam,

On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 23:19 +0100, Sam Albers wrote:
> Although this seems like a fairly obvious thing, I can't seem to find
> any answer. I would like to find a way in beamer to present an image
> as the complete frame without borders or a frame title.
>
> Does anyone ever need to do this with beamer?
>
> What are the options available to me?
>
> I think that my search has been confounded by instructions to go full
> screen in a pdf viewer.

I doubt the pdf viewer is a problem, but try the following which I think
does what you want. There may be more elegant solutions. A few comments:

1  I had to remove the margins and reset the textwidth to be the
paperwidth. This needs to be done inside a group so they won't be reset
for the rest of your document, hence the frame is surrounded by curly
braces.

2  I put your picture in a centered column. This seems to work better
with beamer, and helps get it all centred on the slide (I assumed you
wanted it centred).

3  I put the image in a framed box only so you can be sure to see where
it is.

HTH

Steve

\documentclass{beamer}[14pt]
\usepackage{beamerthemesplit}

\usepackage{graphicx}

\usetheme{PaloAlto}
\setbeamertemplate{footline}[frame number]
\setbeamertemplate{navigation symbols}{}

\title{Test}
\begin{document}
\frame{\titlepage

{
\oddsidemargin -1in
\textwidth \paperwidth
\begin{frame}[plain]{Picture}
\begin{columns}[c]
\begin{column}{\paperwidth}
	\centering
	\framebox{
	\includegraphics[width=0.95\paperwidth,height=0.95\paperheight]{image
file}
	}\par

\end{column}
\end{columns}
\end{frame}
}

\begin{frame}{Next}

Goodbye

\end{frame}

\end{document}

Professor Steven J Schwartz        Phone: +44-(0)20-7594-7660
Head, Space & Atmospheric Physics  Fax:   +44-(0)20-7594-7772
The Blackett Laboratory            E-mail: s.schwartz at imperial.ac.uk
Imperial College London            Office: Huxley 6M67A
London SW7 2AZ, U.K.               Web: www.sp.ph.ic.ac.uk/~sjs