[texhax] Automated package option choice possible?

Beuthe, Thomas beuthet at aecl.ca
Mon Sep 13 22:13:49 CEST 2010

UNRESTRICTED | ILLIMITÉ

There are at least two packages that require option choices that depend on what program you are using to compile your LaTeX files:
color and hyperref.

Compile in pdflatex?  You need to use the pdftex option.
Using xelatex? You need to use xetex option, and so on.

Are there other packages that have similar requirements? (I'm curious)

My main question: Is there any way of automating the choice of options?

i.e.

if(packagebeingusedtorun=xelatex) then
  \usepackage[xetex]{color}

or something like that?

I know I could always centralize the choice to a single variable that gets set once,
but is there a way of getting away from setting this choice manually?

I'm guessing there is not since the packages themselves would have probably
done this already if it was possible, but I just wanted to throw this question out there...

Thomas
CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED INFORMATION NOTICE

This e-mail, and any attachments, may contain information that
is confidential, subject to copyright, or exempt from disclosure.
Any unauthorized review, disclosure, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or reliance on this information
may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited.

AVIS D'INFORMATION CONFIDENTIELLE ET PRIVILÉGIÉE

Le présent courriel, et toute pièce jointe, peut contenir de
l'information qui est confidentielle, régie par les droits
d'auteur, ou interdite de divulgation. Tout examen,
divulgation, retransmission, diffusion ou autres utilisations
non autorisées de l'information ou dépendance non autorisée
envers celle-ci peut être illégale et est strictement interdite.