[texhax] Bibliographic HELP!

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sat Oct 9 08:48:22 CEST 2010

On  8 Oct, 2010, at 12:23, David Lumsden wrote:

> The following email I posted on a internet forum and received no reply.The problem is I'm trying to use an online citing system called refworks which give me a .bib file. When compiled I end up with a ridiculously long reference
>
> [...]
>
> This is a ridiculous output for my thesis.
> My question is how might I produce the standard format below?
>
> ADAM, H.J. et al., 2009. In vitro activity of nemonoxacin [...]

You would have to clean the refworks output .bib file and make a proper .bst (bibliography style); but that would require you to learn the bibtex language, which obviously you can:

http://ctan.tug.org/tex-archive/biblio/bibtex/contrib/doc/

If you're in a hurry, better try the method shown in lshort.pdf:

http://ctan.tug.org/tex-archive/info/lshort/english/

Best

Axel