[texhax] document broken under windows

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Fri Oct 8 21:06:41 CEST 2010

Uwe Lueck wrote:
> Even under Linux, the endash and the appostrophe appear wrong in the bookmarks.

Yes, that is no viewer problem but in the pdf itself. But to be honest,
I don’t care about the bookmarks here as they are not of great use.
Furthermore, if I enter a unicode character to a unicode-aware engine
(typeset using luaTeX) and it does not come out as such, I first
consider this to be a bug. But I don’t blame anyone for it as I didn’t
try to solve it anyways.

> Only in the past year I have learnt how to get good bookmarks with \pdfstringdefDisableCommands.
> I would suggest using \textendash and some \apostrophe in the titles and then perhaps
> \pdfstringdefDisableCommands{\def\textendash{-}\def\apostrophe{\rq}}

That’s not a nice way …

> Heiko may know something better.

Hope so. Heiko? …

cheers,