[texhax] document broken under windows

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Fri Oct 8 19:57:24 CEST 2010

  Le 08/10/2010 19:32, Arno Trautmann a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I have a document that
> • compiles fine
> • looks fine
> • opens fine in a pdf-viewer.
>
> At least running Linux. On a windows machine, the pdf seems to be
> horribly broken. In one viewer, the letters E and u are just missing
> everywhere. Another viewer (one was evince, one AcrobatReader) didn’t
> show the correct formatting in some parts. Both viewers did not show
> about 4 or 5 pages but just tiny squares instead of them.

That's what happens under Windows with Acrobat, but not with Sumatra,
where it seems to be displayed correctly. So it's more likely to be a
problem with readers rather than OS.
I must say that Acrobat is supposed to be the most pdf-compliant reader.
You probably know the reason why.

Nice document, by the way. I hope you know iTeX was a joke?

Best,
Paul