[texhax] textpos and page breaks

Peter Davis pfd at pfdstudio.com
Thu Nov 18 16:32:46 CET 2010

I'm trying to use the textpos package to position text and graphics at
explicit locations on the page.  However, I'm finding I can't seem to force
a page break with this package.  I've tried \pagebreak, \newpage, and even
\vfill\eject, but I still get everything on one page.

I'm using XeLaTeX, though I believe other engines would give the same
results.  Any thoughts?  Here's the test file.

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage[absolute]{textpos}

\setlength{\TPHorizModule}{1pt}

\setlength{\TPVertModule}{\TPHorizModule}

%\textblockorigin{0mm}{0mm} % start everything near the top-left corner

\setlength{\parindent}{0pt}

\pagestyle{plain}

\begin{document}

\begin{textblock}{235}(12,20)