[texhax] question about \if

Vafa Khalighi vafakhlgh at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 05:41:13 CET 2010

> Well, perhaps so : but for one non-native speaker to make fun
> of another non-native speaker's English seems to indicate a
> rather strange sense of humour, and when the sentence in
> question appears to be directly related to the second speaker's
> sense of national identity ("I prefer the most bloodcurdling death
>
> to living with humility. The only country I am faithful to, is IRAN.
> Do not denigrate my last moments..."), then I for one find
> Uwe's attempts at "humour" to be in singularly bad taste.

I do not know Uwe, so making fun of someone who you do not know and have not
seen before is already stupid. If I ever wanted to make fun of him and his
national identity, there were heaps of things but who and what human virtues
allow me to mock him or anyone else. I am very proud to be an Iranian and I
see nothing that makes me ashamed of my national identity even if some fools
try to make fun of my national identity.