[texhax] bizarre tikz behavior with recent texlive 2010 updates

Peter Ragosch peter.ragosch at kabelmail.de
Sun Nov 7 08:59:40 CET 2010

Am Sat, 6 Nov 2010 19:10:29 -0300
schrieb Jim Diamond <Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca>:

> The line claims it is in the middle of the page, but if I \input tikz
> it is not.  If I don't \input tikz, the line is (more or less) in the
> middle of the page, as expected.  Also, when I \input tikz, my page
> number goes away.
>

> I have a texlive 2010-beta lying around, and I get the expected
> behaviour if I use that.
>
> I suppose it is possible that a neutrino clobbered some bit on my
> disk.  Before I reload all of tl2010 from scratch, could someone let
> me know if they see the same behaviour?
>
> Thanks.
> 				Jim

Hello Jim,

I've just tested your example with and without /input tikz as you
mentioned and got exactly the same results:
text line at top and no page number.

I confirm this bizarre  behavior.

Normally I didn't use plain TeX, so I can't say more.

My last TL1020 update was done from CTAN last friday.

--
With kind regards
Mit freundlichen Grüßen