[texhax] The effect of the space character

P. R. Stanley paulrichardstanley at gmail.com
Sun May 30 16:59:31 CEST 2010

	PS: "I was also under the impression that the tab character (control
i) would simply create a wider gap between words and that the return
character would create a whole line of white space."
	PT: "Neither of those two is correct.  In normal TeX source, a tab
character and an end-of-line character are treated in exactly the
same way as a space,..."
	PS: "Do tabs and end of line chars appear as a space? I'm not sure
if I follow. What is the visual effect of an end of line character
(in Windows ctrl-j ctrl-m)? I thought it pushed the text up by one
line and positioned the cursor at the start of the new line."

Cheers
Paul