[texhax] cyrillic in latex

Zbigniew Nitecki zbigniew.nitecki at tufts.edu
Wed May 26 21:11:15 CEST 2010

I am not new to latex as such, but I am new to the world of installing fonts and so on.
I want to insert a line or two of cyrillic (the Russian title of a translation of a book of mine)
in a vita being prepared in curve.  Looking at the various articles on cyrillic in latex, I came to
the conclusion that what I needed to do was to insert in my main file the lines

> \usepackage[koi8-r]{inputenc}
> \usepackage[russian, english]{babel}

(I have used babel for other languages, but with latin letters, before)
and then to put in the title in the form
> \entry* \booktitle{\foreignlanguage{russian}{Vvedenie v differentsial'nuyu dinamiku}}
(the \entry*\booktitle part is the way to input the title of a book).
But when I do that, I get the same effect as if I had left out any of the foreignlanguage or russian indications.

What else do I need to do?

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University