[texhax] \input command under Linux

Randolph J. Schilling RChilling at comcast.net
Mon May 3 06:08:26 CEST 2010

Hello-

I have a .tex file with the following Linux path and name:
/home/randy/RJSTeX/UTILITIES/AAMacros.
This file contains nothing but macros and I want to be able
to use TeX's \input command to be able to use these macros
in other .tex files.
What is the correct syntax for the \input command?

These attempts failed with the "can't find this file" error:
\input /home/randy/RJSTeX/UTILITIES/AAMacros (FAILS)
\input home/randy/RJSTeX/UTILITIES/AAMacros (FAILS)
\input AAMacros (FAILS)

I know how to do this in windows but I'm stuck trying
to set things up under Ubuntu. I'd be grateful for any help.

Thanks - Randy

Randolph J. Schilling
8217 Brimer Road
Mabelvale, AR 72103