[texhax] 4 'minipages' to fit on one A4-size paper for a booklet. -- How to do that?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Mar 30 00:35:46 CEST 2010

On 29 March 2010 Ulrich Grün wrote:

 > Hello, everybody who is reading this,
 >
 > I would like to make a songbook on A6 format (1/4 of a A4) and make
 > this by dividing an actual A4sized sheet in quarters: top-L=>page
 > 1, top-R=>page 2, bottom-L=>page 3, bottom-R=>page 4. (and so on
 > for the following pages).  Am I right that I need the 'Minipage'
 > env. (with appropriate parameters)? Has anyone an example of this
 > approach?
 >
 > A complication is, that there has to be a logical ordering on how
 > the A6-pages are being organised on the A4-sheet. It is, of course,
 > of utmost importance that the double sided printout must have as
 > characteristic, that each A6-page has the correct reverse-side,
 > i.e.: 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, etc.

Don't use minipages.  Use the geometry package in order to set up A6.

Then create the content as usual and don't worry about A4 paper.  Each
page should be assumed to be in A6.

If you want to put four A6 pages on a single A4 sheet, use the
pdfpages package.

  http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/pdfpages/pdfpages.pdf

pdfpages can process PDF files, regardless which program created them.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25