[texhax] unpacking/installing xypdf

Phil Parker phil at math.wichita.edu
Sat Mar 27 13:42:40 CET 2010

I just got xypdf.zip from CTAN. Here's what happened:

$ latex xypdf.ins
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
entering extended mode
(./xypdf.ins
LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>
Babel <v3.8d> and hyphenation patterns for american, french, german, ngerman,
b ahasa, basque, bulgarian, catalan, croatian, czech, danish, dutch,
esperanto, e stonian, finnish, greek, icelandic, irish, italian, latin,
magyar, norsk, polis h, portuges, romanian, russian, serbian, slovak, slovene,
spanish, swedish, tur kish, ukrainian, nohyphenation, loaded.
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/docstrip.tex
Utility: `docstrip' 2.5c <2003/09/18>
English documentation    <1999/03/31>

* This program converts documented macro-files into fast *
* loadable files by stripping off (nearly) all comments! *

* No Configuration file found, using default settings. *

))
Runaway argument?
3]{\StreamPut ##1{\inLine }}\@ifundefined {\string \reserved at a }{\@check at eq
\ET C.
! File ended while scanning use of \@xargdef.
<inserted text>
                \par
<*> xypdf.ins

?

Now what do I do?

I attach xypdf.log in case it is needed.

--
   Best wishes,
    Phil Parker