[texhax] What \fe command for

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Mar 26 03:05:49 CET 2010

On 26 March 2010 wawan wrote:

 > OK I was wrong ... yes I was read error, the error came from "fi"
 > no "fe"

Therefore it's best if you paste error messages from screen or from
the log file to the mail message in the future instead of describing
the error with your own words.

I strongly recommend to use the "copy and paste" facilities provided
by your operating system.

You are not the only one, some people sent us "LaTeX error messages"
already which definitely can't come from LaTeX.  Please *never* retype
error messages in mail messages.  Always copy and paste.

It's recommended to provide a minimal example if there's a problem,
just in order to allow other people to reproduce the problem.  In this
particular case you already knew which piece of code caused the
problem.  But the code snippet you sent us contained ***two*** typos:

You obviously had

  \newcommand{\fi}

but told us that you had

  \newcomand{\fe}

Do you see the difference?

  \newcommand{\fi}
  \newcomand{\fe}

As I said, you are not the only one who made mistakes while retyping
error messages.  I'm not bothered, but how much help we can offer
depends very much on the information people provide.  And retyping
error messages or LaTeX code is always error-prone.  And it's a matter
if fact that people make mistakes.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25