[texhax] a4wide not found

Philipp Stephani st_philipp at yahoo.de
Thu Mar 11 11:08:19 CET 2010

Am 11.03.2010 um 09:53 schrieb frederik vanhaelst:

> Hi,
> I wanted to install the beamer class. This is done but i had to remove miktex 2.7 and install miktex 2.8 and also a new version of Latex.
> When i now running my latex file i got 3 errors 0 warnings 0 bad boxes and 0 pages (I use latex tot PDF). So, Texnicenter shows the pdf file but when i add something like a sentence or figure, this won't be shown in the pdf-file.
> The errors are:
> File a4wide.sty not found. Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed, or enter new name. (Default extension: sty) Enter file name
> !Emergency stom. <read *> \usepackage{caption}
> !=> Fatal error occured, no output PDF file produced! Transcript written on thesis_afgewerkt.log
>
> When I remove \usepackage{a4wide}, the next package has trouble: \usepackage{aesing} will result in the error:
> aesint.sty not found. Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed, or enter new name. (Default extension: sty) Enter file name

Don't use a4wide, it's obsolete, and the distributions sometimes remove obsolete package (it's still on CTAN in case you desperately need it). Concerning aesint: there is no such package (Google has no results for "aesint.sty", so it doesn't exist). Perhaps it's just a typo, and you wanted esint instead?