[texhax] Underlined text - preferably Courier or equivalent

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Mar 8 14:17:44 CET 2010

On 8 March 2010 Don Gingrich wrote:

 > What I am trying to do is to talk about Unix man pages,
 > and I've noticed that the latest GNU man pages use underlined
 > all-caps for _OPTIONS_ in the SYNOPSIS, for example or
 > -F _FILE_

 > Also, it would be brilliant if I could get italic and bold
 > fixed pitch type for things like the \texttt{-f {\it filename}}
 > which doesn't work but gives the flavour of what I'd like to do.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{lmodern} %%% needed for \ttfamily\bfseries
\begin{document}
\underline{\texttt{OPTIONS}}

{\ttfamily\bfseries OPTIONS}

{\ttfamily-f \itshape filename}
\end{document}

BTW, whether text is underlined, bold, italic, colored,... depends on
the the capabilities of your terminal.  What's underlined in your
terminal might be colored in another one.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25