[texhax] Use of multind.sty on WinEdt

Alex aaguadot at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 03:54:08 CEST 2010

To whom it may concern,

I am using MikTex 2.6 and  WinEdt 6. I am writing a book that needs an
"author" and a "subject" index. In the past I have only needed a subject
index, so I have simply used "makeidx" and when clicking on the TeXify
button makeindex is called and voila, the index appears. I expected the same
when using multind.

However, this does not happen when using multind. Running TeXify makes the
headers of both indices appear, but not the entries. Of course, the
necessary .idx files are created, but then makeindex does not create the
corresponding .ind files, as it is searching for the .idx file having the
same name as the current .tex file. So once I have run LaTeX I have to open
a command prompt and run makeindex on each of the .idx files. Then the
indices do appear with all their entries, of course.

So the issue is simple to know if there is a way to do this
automatically, Is this a purely WinEdt issue? I mailed them first, but they
told me it was a TeX issue and to contact you.

Thank your for your time and dedication.

Sincerely,
Alex