[texhax] [tex-live] possible problem with thumbpdf

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 21:59:11 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 3:51 PM, Reinhard Kotucha
<reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:

> A quite convenient way to get the MediaBox is to use pdfinfo, which
> already supports object stream compression.  TL provides binaries for
> all supported platforms and I suppose that MikTeX provides it too.

I am a bit uncertain where pdfinfo coming from as it is not in the
directory where tex binaries are

On one of my Mac where recently I compiled poppler it is

/usr/local/bin/pdfinfo

and it returns without filename

pdfinfo version 0.14.0
Copyright 2005-2010 The Poppler Developers - http://poppler.freedesktop.org
Copyright 1996-2004 Glyph & Cog, LLC
Usage: pdfinfo [options] <PDF-file>
  -f <int>         : first page to convert
  -l <int>         : last page to convert
  -box             : print the page bounding boxes
  -meta            : print the document metadata (XML)
  -enc <string>    : output text encoding name
  -listenc         : list available encodings
  -opw <string>    : owner password (for encrypted files)
  -upw <string>    : user password (for encrypted files)
  -v               : print copyright and version info
  -h               : print usage information
  -help            : print usage information
  --help           : print usage information
  -?               : print usage information

Could someone clarify where pdfinfo came from? (PS on my wife Mac with
MacTeX2009 installed pffinfo is not installed)

Victor