[texhax] Serbian Cyrillic characters

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Jan 26 23:10:34 CET 2010

On 26 January 2010 Pierre MacKay wrote:

 > On 01/25/2010 10:21 PM, Predrag Punosevac wrote:
 > > Reinhard Kotucha<reinhard.kotucha at web.de>  wrote:
 > >

 > >>    Options ->  Mule ->  select input method ->  vietnamese-viqr
 > >>
 > >> I can enter Vietnamese characters on a pure ASCII keyboard (in VIQR)
 > >> conveniently: When I type "Ha` No^.i", I see "H?? N???i" on screen.
 > >>
 > >> Emacs provides an input-method called "cyrillic-serbian".  I must
 > >> admit that I don't know how to use it, though.
 > >>

 > > Thank you so much for the info. I must admit that using Emacs is
 > > against my religion.  I use nvi which does support Unicode since 2000
 > > or so but I have never used it. It is probably also obvious that I do
 > > not use Linux. I am an OpenBSD guy.
 > >

 > Surely there is an emacs distribution for BSD.  There certainly was one
 > in pre-Solaris days for Sun Microsystems and also for Vaxen.

Of course, but this is obviously a religious problem.  I don't want to
evangelize anybody, I'm not religious in this respect at all.  But
though I bought a book about vi already, I was often too lazy to
investigate how to do things in vi because I already knew how to do it
in Emacs.  Thus, I can understand that someone who is using vi for
years doesn't want to switch to another editor.

Modern variants of vi are very powerful too.  And, as

Marschnerstr. 25