[texhax] Defining a new font in Plain Tex

texhax at uit.co.uk texhax at uit.co.uk
Wed Jan 13 11:28:25 CET 2010

Elaine,

I think what you want is covered in a brief note I wrote some time ago:
    http://www.tug.org/pipermail/texhax/2008-February/010056.html
The title of the article may seem irrelevant:
    [texhax] How can I "condense" or "narrow" an existing font? -- solution
but I think it covers what you need -- how to define a new font -- and
gives pointers to detailed instructions.

    Good luck,
    Niall

 > From: "Firestone, Elaine R. (HQ-279.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND
 >     APPLICATIONS INC]"    <elaine.r.firestone at nasa.gov>
 > Subject: Re: [texhax] Defining a new font in Plain Tex
 > So, what I need is coding that'll work in pdfTeX or Plain Tex. When I
typeset it in Plain TeX, I got the error message
 > "kpathsea: Invalid fontname `Bank Gothic Medium', contains ' '
 > ! Font \bankgothicM="Bank Gothic Medium" at 16.0pt not loadable:
Metric (TFM) file not found.

Niall Mansfield, Editor
    UIT Cambridge Ltd.
    PO Box 145
    Cambridge CB4 1GQ,  England        tel: +44 1223 302 041