[texhax] How to get \varnothing working?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 00:44:34 CET 2010

Donald Arseneau said the following at 02/16/2010 01:48 PM :

>> 2)  an alternative to fnts.tex that will occupy less table space and stil
>> allow me easily to change the base font size of text within a document?
>
> Are you using sans-serif math characters?  If not then you should be
> able to comment-out three families from fnts.tex.  For just more sizes,
> I'm pretty sure there are plenty of alternatives.

I never could figure out how to edit fnts.tex to do what I want (I just
found myself getting in a worse and worse mess trying to work out which
pieces to comment out while still having something that would compile), but
I discovered 12point.tex and its siblings, and they seem to work just fine
with the AMS symbols.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR