[texhax] censorship on miktex-list?

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Thu Dec 30 11:59:23 CET 2010

Hi all,

I tried twice to send a mail to the MiKTeX-user list asking what the
meaning of "mik" was. But none of the mails showed up at the list (did
not come back to me and is not in the archives); I did not get any error
that the mail was rejected. First mail was sent on 11/09, the second one
on 12/26.
As I don't use miktex, I am actually not interested in the list, but
still want to know where the name comes from.
So I wanted to ask if someone who had already succeeded to get a mail on
that list could ask this question for me? I still hope that somewhere
out there someone does know the meaning of "MiK".
If the mail from someone normally able to write to that list would not
shop up, too, I'd think about some conspiracy theories around the most
secret name of MiKTeX 	;)

I'd really apreciate help here – it seems that a lot of people want to
know this, too ;)

cheers
Arno