[texhax] multiple pdfs from one dtx

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 25 23:46:38 CET 2010

On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 11:03:11PM +0100, Arno Trautmann wrote:

> I want to produce two different sty files and corresponding
> documentations (pdfs). As the sty files belong together (say, an
> internal and external version), I want to keep maintainance as easy as
> possible and therefore use one dtx file for everything. Now, is there a
> possibility to produce two pdfs from one dtx file?

You can put two documentation driver files in the dtx file and
process both, e.g.:
1. tex mypackage.ins
   unpacks mypackage-foo.drv and mypackage-bar.drv,
   and other files like mypackage-foo.sty, mypackage-bar.sty.
2. pdflatex mypackage-foo.drv
   generates mypackage-foo.pdf
3. pdflatex mypackage-bar.drv
   generates mypackage-bar.pdf