[texhax] Capturing Display Math Mode

Patrick Rutkowski rutski89 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 08:52:38 CET 2010

I'm trying to write myself a little calculus reference sheet, and I started with something like this:

Leibniz notation: $${\rm d}f \over {\rm d}x$$
\bye

The trouble is that the displayed df/dx get placed smack in the center of the page, and it wastes a lot of whitespace on the side. I want to cram all of these calculus notes into just one page, so all of the whitespace which display-math-mode wastes is a big no-no; yet, I still do need the visual style which display-math-mode offers, formatting this whole reference sheet in just in-line horizontal math mode would look awful.

Any ideas guys?
-Patrick