[texhax] Installation

Uwe Ziegenhagen ziegenhagen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 19:26:28 CET 2010

2010/12/9 Harry Mavrolefteros <harry at firsteducation.com.au>

> Hi,
>

> I’ve just installed MikTeX and TeXnicCentre, and I’m not sure how to use
> the software. Can you point me in the right direction?
>

> Kind Regards,
>
> * *
>
> *Harry Mavrolefteros*

Hi Harry,

did you already configure TeXniccenter in the right way? After installation
you need to specify the path to the mikTeX executables.

You can easily check:

1) Are Outputprofiles defined? (Do you have a dropdown box saying "LaTeX =>
PDF") in Texniccenter?

2) Create a very basic document

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}

Hello Harry

\end{document}

save it and try to compile it  either by the respective button or in the
menu (something like output => active document => Create)

Do you get an output file (DVI, PDF)?

If it worked check the not so short introduction...

Uwe

Uwe

--
Uwe Ziegenhagen