[texhax] Can this be done using only LaTeX?

Michael Barr barr at math.mcgill.ca
Thu Dec 2 13:30:08 CET 2010

I thought I had made it clear that what I was interested in was being able
to compile it into a dvi file.  I don't think either tikz or pstricks does
that.

I am mystified by the claim that xy-pic produces poor output.  I use it
extensively (using my own front end diagxy) and it produces superb output.

Do users think that dvi is becoming obsolete?  Do you think that in, say
30 years (the length of time that dvi has been around), there will be pdf
readers for whatever computers are around by then.  Will there be dvi
readers?

Michael