[texhax] Can this be done using only LaTeX?

Vafa Khalighi vafakhlgh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 11:00:17 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 8:49 PM, Michael Barr <barr at math.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> If you look on p.157 of the paper:
> http://www.tac.mta.ca/tac/volumes/24/7/24-07.pdf
> you will see a picture that was created using, I believe, an eps inclusion.
>  The result is that, unlike nearly all papers in the journal, it is posted
> only in pdf format (the rest are in dvi, ps, and pdf).  There are a number
> of other diagrams that look complicated but all of them are possible using
> xy-pic.

xy-pic is old-fashioned and its output is poor in comparison to the output
that you get from tikz or pstricks which give you vector graphics. You can
do all of these entirely in LaTeX using pstricks or tikz.

--
I prefer the most bloodcurdling death to living with humiliation. The only
country I am faithful to, is IRAN. Do not denigrate my last moments...