[texhax] ! Undefined control sequence \end{itemize}

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 2 23:40:25 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 09:48:09PM +0200, Lars Madsen wrote:

> Olga Lyashevska wrote:
> >Dear All,
> >
> >I encounter a problem with 'itemize' environment (please see below).
> >Any suggestions?
> >
> >Many thanks,
> >Olga
> >
> >! Undefined control sequence.
> >\enit at enditemize ->\enit at after
> >\endlist \enit at toks \expandafter
> >{\enit at savek...
> >l.200 \end{itemize}
> >                    ?
> >
> >or
> >
> >! Undefined control sequence.
> >\enit at enditemize ... \expandafter {\enit at savekeys
> >}\xdef \enit at afterlist
> >{\d...
> >l.200 \end{itemize}
> >

> Well we need to see the code that is causing the problem.
>
> Can you provide a minimal example? Try to include a few packages a
> possible such that you still get this error.
>
> I have seen it before but I've forgotten what caused it.
>
> Do you really need, the enumerate package, enumitem and paralist?

\enit at after comes from package enumitem, it is defined in the
begin part of environment enumerate. The problem is a clash
with package enumerate that redefines the begin part of
enumerate without redefining the end part. Thus unless enumitem
is used with option loadonly, the two packages can't be used
together.

> Note that \usepackage[shortlabel]{enumitem} gives the same
> functionality as the enumerate package.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko Oberdiek