[texhax] LaTeX3e manual?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Apr 23 10:34:14 CEST 2010

On 23 April 2010 Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. wrote:

 > Hello,
 >
 > just a quick question - does the LaTeX3e manual exist?
 >
 > I'm still using
 >
 > LATEX: Structured documents for TEX
 > unofficial LATEX reference manual
 > version 2.0, June 2008
 >
 > which relates to LaTeX2e.
 >
 > I looked for \centerline statement in it, but there was none. Maybe
 > this is due to LaTeX3e manual being used.

You are still using LaTeX2e.  \centerline is a macro defined in plain
TeX which can be used in LaTeX.  Its definition is:

  \def\centerline#1{\hbox to \hsize{\hss#1\hss}}

where \hsize is the width of the colunm and \hss is horizontal
shrinkable glue.  If it's used at the begin of an indented paragraph,
it should be preceded by \noindent.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25