[texhax] beamer: show next section

Martin Heller mr_heller at yahoo.dk
Thu Apr 22 19:47:30 CEST 2010

Arno Trautmann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am quite forgetful and therefore often don’t remember what section
> comes next in a beamer presentation. So when one section is ended, I
> want to stop for questions from the audience. But I don’t want to show
> all sections in the header as I find that too bloated for me, and also
> don’t want to use a toc at every section. What I am asking for is a
> reference to the current section (what is already there) and (say, in
> light grey) a reference to the next one – preferably only at the last
> slide of the current section.
>
> Is this possible? If so, what should I look for?

hyperref.

You can just use \label and \ref to insert hyperlinks. You can label a
frame and insert a link to that frame from your "Questions"-slide.

\documentclass{beamer}
\usepackage{hyperref}

\begin{document}

\begin{frame}[label=target]
  \frametitle{Target slide}
  Foo.
\end{frame}

\begin{frame}
  \frametitle{Source slide}
  \hyperlink{target}{\beamerbutton{Jump to target slide}}
\end{frame}

\end{document}