[texhax] Figure numbers in endfloat environment

hh-brasil at bol.com.br hh-brasil at bol.com.br
Sun Apr 4 06:59:37 CEST 2010

The way might be to find out where and in which your packets the \thefigure command is redefined and change it there. No simple way.

But when I read the description in the packet endfloat, it mentions that there is a file
*.fff created with the entries for the endfloat. Is there any way to put changes in this file by hand?

It also mentions that there was a version with a bug (version 2.2 ?). Are you sure that your version is not the bugged one?

And of course the 'nolists' option "does not" create some list!

Also there is a much overseen fact that the right numbers
in floats like figures are normally created by the captions,
not by \begin{figure} or \begin{table}.
Your label should be placed after the \caption. If there is no \caption, other ways must be used to keep the counting (e.g. like \refstepcounter{figure} before a \label).
This might be the case for your work, if I interpret your description below right.
There is no way for a figure number like 2.0 (but which might well mean a figure in chapter/section 2 with with the label at the wrong place).

There is a lot more written in the manual (endfloat.dtx), but for
this more detailed work knowledge (who wants what and how it is done???) is needed.

Further there seems to be a problem with rotated figures (or tables).

At the end it might be easier to write this part by hand? I do not know.

hh