[texhax] AtBeginDocument in beamer

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sat Apr 3 13:03:17 CEST 2010

Am Fri, 02 Apr 2010 21:27:49 +0200 schrieb Arno Trautmann:

> Hi all!
>
> I’m having some trouble using the beamer class and trying to set frames
> \AtBeginDocument. A minimal example
>
> \documentclass[]{beamer}
>
> \AtBeginDocument{\frame{test1}}
> \begin{document}
> \frame{test2}
> \end{document}
>
> already shows first problems: The navigation symbols are totally wrong
> (at the top of test1, at the bottom of test2).

> So I guess I cannot use \AtBeginDocument to print \frames. Does anybody
> have an advise how to handle this? I need AtBeginDocument as the first
> two frames are generated half-automatically. Is there any internal
> feature I can use (which is stable enough to really use it?) or hack it
> myself anyhow?

Well I don't know why you can insert
\AtBegindocument{..}\begin{document} in your half-automatically
generated document but not \begin{document}.... But anyway, you can
probably use the hook beamer use for "last minutes additions":

\documentclass[]{beamer}
\makeatletter
\g at addto@macro\beamer at lastminutepatches{\frame{test1}}
\makeatother