[texhax] (La)TeX with Flash

James Quirk jjq at galcit.caltech.edu
Tue Sep 29 17:26:18 CEST 2009

Ivan,

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Ivan Ramos Pagnossin wrote:

> Hi there. I'm wondering if it is possible to use TeX/LaTeX/XeLaTeX/... fonts
> in ActionScript/Flash programs. Can anyone give me a hint to start?
> Thanks
> Ivan
Can you give some indication of what it is you're wanting to do? If you're
just wanting to add some equations to a SWF then you can use pdftex to
produce a PDF which is then converted to a SWF using pdf2swf from
swftools, which can then be sucked into another SWF as normal.

On the subject of (La)TeX with Flash, you might be interested in:

   http://www.amrita-cfd.org/wip/jfk-9-12-1962.pdf

it's still very much work in progress, and so not really fit for public
consumption. But it shows how it's possible to synchronize a LaTeX
document with a YouTube video. It also includes an interactive source code
browser that at shows how the was programmed. The code browser currently
has some bugs that limit its usefullness, especially in the syntax
highlighting. Nevertheless it gives some idea of (La)TeX+FLASH is an
interesting developement.

James