[texhax] Help with error

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Sun Sep 13 23:02:15 CEST 2009

Donn Miller-Kermani wrote:
> I am trying to compile a book file using the publisher's sty files using PCTex.  I can compile it one time, do the bibtex, makeidx, and then when I try to compile again, I get this error
>
> Something's wrong--perhaps a missing \item
>
> I have been through everything and cannot find the problem. Can someone please help? I am three months on getting this book to the publisher.  Thanks so much

it is very hard to help without more information about your document.
Have you tried taking a copy of your book, place it in a different dir,
and then start to remove/outcomment stuff until the error goes away.
That at least will give you a clue as to where it is located.

Also that error, should have a line number attached to it.

/daleif