[texhax] Under-Sized Angle Brackets

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Wed Sep 2 15:40:48 CEST 2009

Mc Kiernan, Daniel Kian, wrote:
> I'm attempting to produce formulae some of which have large angle
> brackets as delimiters.  Some of these should be, say, 9 lines tall.
> But, when pdfeTeX renders them, none are a full three lines tall.
> Other delimiters (parentheses, brackets, and braces), large and
> small, are rendering fine.
>
> I'm using packages graphicx, latexsym, amsmath, amssymb.
>
> Thanks in advance for whatever help might be offered.

minimal example please

some fonts provide building blocks for creating large delimiters, but
since \lvert and \rvert are sloped, that cannot be present in the font,
so pdflatex may be right in refusing to go that large.

I would refrase this equation, as a 9-lined equation is already very
hard to read.

Otherwise draw the delimiter using, say tikz

--

/daleif