[texhax] learning tex vs latex

Boris Veytsman borisv at lk.net
Fri Oct 30 19:24:34 CET 2009

bl> Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 22:41:19 +0800
bl> From: bill lam <cbill.lam at gmail.com>

bl> Thank all for valuable inputs.  Originally I wanted to generate
bl> commercial invoice using latex template.  With help from various forum
bl> members, I got an adequate solution (I still wish oval corners for
bl> fbox and tabular).  I think I'll continue to use latex for day work.
bl> Canned package based solutions works quite well if you accept some
bl> minor limitation or annoyance (such as the oval corner, but please let
bl> me know how to do it, if possible).

Oval corners can be done with pstricks.

For example

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pstricks}
\begin{document}
\psframebox[framearc=0.5]{\parbox{1in}{Some text\\ in a box}}
\end{document}

More examples can be found here:

http://www.tug.org/PSTricks/main.cgi?file=Examples/Box/boxes

--
Good luck

-Boris

You can destroy your now by worrying about tomorrow.
		-- Janis Joplin