[texhax] learning tex vs latex

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Wed Oct 28 07:09:10 CET 2009

Hi Pierre,

Well, as I said, it was my opinion and maybe it was not yours but I
never said it was. I also said that the OP's mileage might vary from
mine.

On 28/10/2009, at 6:35 PM, Pierre MacKay wrote:

> On 10/27/2009 07:30 PM, Alan T Litchfield wrote:
>> Bill,
>>
>> Your time, if considering only those two options, would be better
>> spent learning LaTeX. IMHO but YMMV.
>>
> Alan Litchfield gave you one answer, which is the one most often
> offered.  I have for years disagreed.

And here your opinion starts. Great ;)

> It is nonsense to speak of LaTeX as developing, while TeX is not.

Umm. I don't remember saying that ???

I do remember saying that they are not divorced.

> If you are satisfied with LaTeX formating, you should probably go
> with it.

Gosh, thanks. But I will anyway and probably regardless of any
conditions you deem it necessary for me to proceed. I do not feel it
necessary to read all source macros. ;)

Nga mihi
Alan
--