[texhax] placing texts in boxes (flowing from one page to another)

Christopher Brewster cbrewster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 20:04:41 CEST 2009

If I want to place text in a succession of boxes, the best solution I
have found is the framed package.
However, if I have more than one \begin{framed} ... \end{framed} next
to one another they suddenly space out some times when I want them to
stay close together.

Is there a solution using this package?
or should I be using another package?

The key point is some of the text stretches over from one page to the
next, and I want this to be properly in a box. Hence I cannot use a
table/tabular or even longtable because each cell seems to have to be
on one page.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Christopher