[texhax] Localtexmf and texmmf directories in MikTex 2.8

P. P. Narayanaswami swami at mun.ca
Fri Oct 9 19:27:24 CEST 2009

Hi:
I recently upgraded to MikTex2.8 under Windows Vista.  I wanted to place
some personal fiont and style files in the "localtexmf" directory (where
we usually place them).  To my surprise, neither the "localtexmf" nor the
"texmf" directory was availabe there.  So, in which directiory (exact
location in WIndows Vista) in MikTeX2.8 shoould I place my personal font files
and style, so MikTeX will see them after I refresh the database?