[texhax] White text on black background?

Peter Seibel peter at gigamonkeys.com
Sun May 24 16:25:22 CEST 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 3:11 AM, Lars Madsen <daleif at imf.au.dk> wrote:
> Peter Seibel wrote:
>>
>> Is there some simple way to set text in white on a black background?
>> I'm thinking of a small section, not a whole page. Something similar
>> to what you'd get with this bit of HTML:

>> As usual, my Googling and following various leads through the TeXBook
>> hasn't turned up anything but I could easily be missing something
>> obvious.
>>
>> -Peter
>
> \colorbox{black}{\color{white} ... }

Oh, I should have specified, I'm trying to do this in Plain TeX, not
LaTeX, if possible.

-Peter

P.S. Is it still the case tthat LaTeX is just a set of macros on plain
TeX? And if so, is my inference correct that anything you can do in
LaTeX, can be done -- perhaps at the cost of reimplementing big chunks
of LaTeX -- in plain TeX?

--
Peter Seibel
http://www.codersatwork.com/