[texhax] \usebox in environment to save text for future use

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Mon May 11 22:25:09 CEST 2009

Stefan Björk <stefan.bjork at gmail.com> schrieb am 11.05.2009 21:55:25:
> > Just do not define a new environment for this purpose. Use \begin{lrbox}{\mybox}...\end{lrbox} which serves this purpose already.
>
> But then I need a minibox to handle more than a single paragraph?
>
> The idea of creating a new environment is to make a comprehensive and
> elegant interface for a package. The same thing can be achieved with a
> command, but an environment should have been a more elegant solution,
> in my opinion.

It was indeed not a perfect idea to use a box environment for storing something. The lrbox environment stores a horizontal list, while you may rather want to store just code, i.e. (?), a list of tokens. -- I can tell you something simple for this, but not tonight, and perhaps

     http://www.ctan.org/pkg/collect

already helps. -- I found this on

    http://mirror.ctan.org/help/Catalogue/bytopic.html

maybe there is more.