[texhax] GFS Porson polytonic keymap?

Peter King peter.king at utoronto.ca
Thu May 7 00:38:41 CEST 2009

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 08:42:32PM +0200, Plamen Tanovski wrote:

> The font is in the LGR encoding. The input of greek text is described
> here:
>
> ftp://ftp.dante.de/pub/tex/language/greek/doc/usage.pdf
>
> Since LGR uses ligatures for the accented characters, there might be
> problems with the hyphenation if using plain ascii. I use mostly emacs
> with greek babel input translation and LaTeX with the utf8x inputenc.
> At least
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage[greek]{babel}
> \usepackage{gfsporson}
> \begin{document}
> \^o
> \end{document}
>
> gives me a omega with a circumflex.

The document usage.pdf claims that a prefixed tilde produces a circumflex.
But it doesn't, even in the document -- everywhere there is supposed to be
a circumflex in the output, there is only a blank space in the pdf file!

Preceding the tilde with a backslash in GFS Porson results in a simple
circumflex: \~v produces an omega with a circumflex. What I can't find
is how to combine the circumflex with smooth/rough breathing.

Peter King			 	peter.king at utoronto.ca
Department of Philosophy
170 St. George Street #521
The University of Toronto		    (416)-978-4951 ofc
Toronto, ON  M5R 2M8
       CANADA

http://individual.utoronto.ca/pking/

GPG keyID 0x7587EC42 (2B14 A355 46BC 2A16 D0BC  36F5 1FE6 D32A 7587 EC42)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 7587EC42