[texhax] ldots, cdots, ddots, binom, blah, blah, [blind]

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Mar 10 22:46:30 CET 2009

Barbara Beeton wrote:

> the texbook file has no special facilities for
> making it "accessible" in any meaningful way
> as a pdf file, and i've decoded enough dvi files
> to not wish that on anyone who's never tried to
> do it before.  that leaves the file texbook.tex
> itself for inspection via an editor with voice
> output. and there's certainly no prohibition
> against that.
>
> would that not be a viable approach, if not
> exactly trivial?

Well, I defer to those with direct experience of screen
readers and similar, but I would have /thought/ that
the result of PdfTeX'ing "texbook.tex" would result
in a document that is considerably more accessible
than the raw source.  Are there any screen-reader
users who could comment more informedly on this ?

** Phil.